What is Orthopaedics?
Orthopaedics is the branch of surgery which treats conditions involving the musculoskeletal system to correct functional or congenital abnormalities of the bones with surgery, bracing, and casting.
The best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai perform surgeries with an aim to correct the postures of the bone and also replace the degenerating joints etc. These surgical procedures help in providing relief to the patients and minimize the level of pain and discomfort in life.
Who is an Orthopaedic Specialist?
An orthopaedic surgeon is specialized in handling patients by diagnosing and treating the medical conditions of the patients related to bones, joints, and ligaments.
The best ortho specialist in Chennai should have obtained extensive training in using surgical and non-surgical methods for the treatment of injuries and diseases relating to the musculoskeletal system.
The ortho specialist Chennai deals with patients of all age groups starting from young to old in specific fields such as trauma, paediatrics, or sports medicine.
The diseases treated by the best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai include:
- Hip Fracture
- Disorders – knee, neck, shoulders
- Ligament Injuries
- Torn Meniscus
- Soft-Tissue Injuries
The Best Orthopaedic Doctors in Chennai
With the advent of the state-of-the-art technology and medical advancements, it has become easier for the ortho specialist Chennai to produce more successful outcomes.
The commonly practiced orthopaedic procedure which has excellent clinical outcomes in Chennai is the Joint replacement surgery. The best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai are highly qualified and trained in performing various kinds of orthopaedic procedures they include:
Dr. C. Lenin
Dr. C. Lenin, MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics is the leading ortho specialist in Chennai who believes in handling the patients with a multi-dimensional care providing a comprehensive treatment without pain. He also educates the patients regarding the nature of medical conditions and the treatment options to help them lead a healthy lifestyle.
Experience : 22 Years of Experience
Specialist : Knee Replacement Surgery
Available Time : Mon-Sat: 9.00 Am-1.00 Pm | 4.00 Pm-9.00 Pm Sunday: 10:00am-1:00pm
Address : No 17/1, Plot No 948-A, 13th Main Road, H Block, Anna Nagar, Chennai 600040.
Dr. C. Rajasekhara Reddy
Dr. C. Rajasekhara Reddy, M.Sc, MBBS – Orthopaedics is a renowned orthopaedic doctor in Chennai associated with Vijaya hospitals.He is expert in diagnosis and surgical treatments especially in joint replacements and arthroscopy treating all patients despite of all age groups to make them restore to their normal lives.
Dr.Gopala Krishnan, MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics, M. Ch(Orthopedist) is amongst the well-known and best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai currently working at Apollo Hospitals. He treats his patients with compassion and care by clearing examining the root cause of the injury and treats them with his advanced techniques in handling all orthopaedic procedures.
Dr. L. Bharath
Dr. L. Bharath, MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics has carried out 8000 procedures and stands apart as among the best muscular specialists in India with his broad spotlight on overhauling himself on strategies and tasks, specifically, the Joint substitution medical procedure.He looks past the clinical reports of the patients and demands they stay dynamic after the medical procedure instead of recommending pain relievers to restart their life.
Dr. Karunakaran. S
Dr. Karunakaran. S, MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics is one of the best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai presently associated with Gleneagles Global Hospital. He is specifically interested in using appropriate techniques of minimally invasive and motion-sparing procedures to handle the patients who approach him for spinal disorders and joint replacements.
Though all these Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai aid in handling the patients with their sophisticated techniques, Dr C Lenin MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics is outstanding in catering the patients’ needs with his rich experience in the field of Orthopaedics.
Achievements of Dr. C. Lenin
The achievements of this best orthopedic doctor in Chennai are listed below:
- He is a pioneer in Orthopaedics for more than two decades in treating patients with a holistic approach for all the orthopaedic procedures related to replacement surgeries and shoulder and knee arthroscopy.
- He uses minimally invasive techniques and rotating platform knee replacements by adopting Subvastus approach with longest surviving implants which is highly beneficial for the patients compared to all other orthopaedic procedures
- He was the one who brought in the modern technology of computer navigation in knee replacement for the first time in the year 2003 in the Asia Pacific region
- He is a prominent Orthopaedic specialist in Chennai and is highly acknowledged for having performed more than 9000 minimally invasive knee replacement surgeries and more than 11000 arthroscopic procedures for both knee and shoulder disorders
Procedures of an Orthopaedic Specialist
Dr. Lenin’s Orthoinde Hospital has the best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai equipped with modern techniques to deal with Orthopaedic surgery with a broad range of corrective procedures to treat several musculoskeletal disorders that include:
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery – Athletes usually undergo this type of surgeries for knee injuries (anterior cruciate ligament tear or sprain) to recover full capacity of knee to recover from seriousness of damage or movement
- Ankle Repair – This vital medical procedure is done if the joint is unsteady after a fracture. The ankle repair is implied on bones to get adjusted appropriately and the bones are held together with implants and repositioned to their fitting position
- Hip Replacement Surgery – Hip Replacement is done when a best ortho specialist in Chennai carefully expels a painful hip joint with joint inflammation and replaces it with an artificial joint using metal and plastic parts.
- Joint Fusion – when a person experiences extreme inflammation in the joint, joint fusion can make your joint increasingly steady and aids to bear more weight on it.
- Knee Arthroscopy – Analysing and treating tissues in the knee joint using an arthroscope into a patient’s knee with a minor incision to fix the tendons in the joint and treat other knee related issues.
- Knee Replacement Surgery – It can be a partial or total knee replacement surgical procedure depending on the condition of the knee where the whole knee or the harmed part of the knee will be supplanted.
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery – Also known as shoulder arthroplasty which is a colossally successful methodology to treat degenerative joint sickness or joint inflammation of the shoulder joint.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy – A surgery used to imagine, analyse, and treat inside of the shoulder joint with issues like bursitis, tendonitis, rotator cuff tears, labral tears, joint inflammation, impingement and shoulder insecurity.
- Spinal Surgeries – Aging, injury and structural abnormalities and inappropriate body mechanics can harm your spine, cause back pain and side effects. This can help your way of life and lead to healthy physical activity.
- Trigger Finger Release – Trigger finger causes pain, firmness and uneasiness to use to straighten or twist fingers. The surgical procedure can help the patients to completely extend the finger.
How to pick the right orthopedist?
Consider following things:
- Innovation situated.
- Skill – they ought to have following degrees: MBBS, DNB – Muscular health (and MS in muscular health if a specialist)
- Cleanliness and sanitization.
If you want a fast pain relief and mobility restoration with a standard treatment you can approach Dr. C. Lenin at OrthoInde Hospital as his epitome of patience and excellence in handling the patients has created millions of successful testimonies making him the best ortho specialist Chennai.
Read Also Best Spine Surgeon in Chennai